Hello everyone, Our next meeting will be August 23, 2016 at 8:00pm at the Bethel Municipal Center. The following meeting will be on September 27, 2016. The auction list for our August 23rd meeting is attached below!
Minutes from the DCC July 26, 2016 Meeting:
The President, was absent so the Vice President, Nick, ran the meeting.
- Nick called the meeting to order at 8:05pm. There were 20 people in attendance.
- We had one new guest, Steve, Who collects US Type coins & varieties. Welcome!
- Gold closed at 1318.50/ozt and Silver closed at 19.59/ozt.
- I still have tables available for our December 11th coin show, if anyone would like a table be sure to let me know ASAP as I will be sold out soon. The October 30th show is sold out. Please be spreading the word about the shows!
Accepted: Chuck Second: Mike E. Result: Passed, voice vote
Treasurer Report (June 28 – July 25):
Incoming: Dues collected $xx Raffle: $xx Auction $xx Good of the Club: $xx
Outgoing: Postage: $xx Donuts and Soda: $xx Petty cash: $xx for 10 quarters for raffles Prime Publishers Advertising: $xx
Balances: Petty Cash: $xx Checkbook: $xx
Accepted: Howard Second: Chuck Result: Passed, voice vote
- Summer Picnic Committee: Discussed possible locations for Summer “picnic” and voted on a location and a date in old business (see below).
- Sunshine Committee: No Report.
|Summer Picnic committee:||We voted to have the Summer “picnic” at the Redding Road House, 406 Redding Road Redding, CT 06896, On Sunday August 28, 2016 from 4:00 – 7:00pm. The cost to each member will be $15.00 and the club will be covering the difference.|
|Potential dates for Christmas Brunch.||Sunday December 4, 2016 (our usual 1st Sunday) or If unavailable Sunday December 18, 2016. Tara will be looking into the Ethan Allen Hotel and The Redding Road House for theses dates. We will be voting on locations at a future meeting.|
- The Vietnam Traveling Wall will be visiting New Milford, CT on October 27-30. They will be selling Medallions to support the traveling wall exhibit. The cost for the two-inch, 24K gold adorned medallion, in a valor case is $30 to pick up at the event or $35 for them to ship it to you. Checks should be made payable to “The Wall That Heals” and mailed to the American Legion Post 31, 377 Kent Rd, New Milford, CT 06776.
Show & Tell: Howard passed around a replica of the Lunar Plaque that is on the moon. This item is on the auction this month.
|1926 Washington quarter||Winner: Chuck|
|1979 proof set||Winner: Rick|
Good of the Club: Thank you to Phil, Mike V., Howard, and Chuck for donating items for the good of the Club auctions!
|Motion to adjourn: Chuck||Seconded: Roger||Passed: Voice Vote|