August 23 Meeting Minutes
Hello everyone, Our next meeting will be September 27, 2016 at 8:00pm at the Bethel Municipal Center. The following meeting will be on October 25, 2016. Please be sure to read the “Old Business” and “New Business” sections for important information regarding the new raffle process and voting on new officer positions.
Minutes from the DCC August 23, 2016 Meeting:
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 8:07pm
- Gold closed at 1337/ozt. Silver closed at 18.83/ozt.
- I still have tables available for the December 11th show.
- The October 30th show is sold out
- New guests: Bob – collects US. Cody – collects US type. Bill – Collects US
Accepted: Mike Second: Chuck Result: Passed, voice vote
Treasurer Report (June 28 – July 25): DUES ARE DUE NEXT MONTH (SEPTEMBER) $10/year
DUES ARE DUE AT THE SEPTEMBER MEETING $10/year. DUES MUST BE PAID IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE CHRISTMAS BRUNCH ON DECEMBER 18th.
Incoming: Dues: $20 raffle: $23 Auction: $1.25 Good of the Club: $165.25
Donuts and Soda: 26.95 Postage: 11.75
Balances: Petty cash: $1,095.55 Checking: 10,316.29
Accepted: Chuck Second: Roger Result: Passed, Voice vote
- Summer Picnic Committee: UPCOMING PICNIC THIS SUNDAY 8/28/2016 4:00-7:00PM. THANK YOU RICK!!
- 25 in attendance as of today. $15/person
- Outdoor patio
- Sunshine Committee: none
- Roger: change in raffle, proposing a $2each ticket price with a more valuable prize (silver eagle)
- Motion to have a $2 raffle price with an auction item of a Silver Eagle, donated by Phil Jones (who will be paid for the raffle item after the meeting) Starting September 2016 meeting. Ron will continue bringing a raffle donation for the second prize until he runs out of items (proof set, or the like) Motion: (Mike E.) Second: Roger. Result: In favor: 17 Opposed: 0 Abstain: 1
- We received a letter of thanks to the club from the Cancer Research Fund at Yale New Haven Hospital.
|Potential dates for Christmas Brunch.||Sunday December 4, 2016 (our usual 1st Sunday) or If unavailable Sunday December 18, 2016. Tara will be looking into the Ethan Allen Hotel and The Redding Road House for theses dates. We will be voting on locations at a future meeting.|
- The Vietnam Traveling Wall will be visiting New Milford, CT on October 27-30. They will be selling Medallions to support the traveling wall exhibit. The cost for the two-inch, 24K gold adorned medallion, in a valor case is $30 to pick up at the event or $35 for them to ship it to you. Checks should be made payable to “The Wall That Heals” and mailed to the American Legion Post 31, 377 Kent Rd, New Milford, CT 06776.
- Our President has stepped down from his position. We will hold our regular vote for positions in October, Nominations will be in September. In the meantime the Vice President and treasurer will be taking the responsibilities of the President.
- Motion to have Ron as interim President until October elections – Howard, second: Tara Result: Passed (no contest)
- Nominations for Officer Positions will be in September All positions are available: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Auctioneer.
- Voting will be in October.
Show & Tell:
- Bill – Louisiana Coupon Bond 1878
Raffle: Tickets $1each
|1983 proof set||Winner: Rick|
|1939 silver quarter||Winner: Bill|
Good of the Club:
- Phil: $55
- Abe: $44
- Howard: $7.00
|Motion to adjourn at : 9:35 Abe||Seconded: Roger||Result: Passed, Voice Vote|